The Neocortical Microcircuit Collaboration Portal
This portal provides an online public resource of the Blue Brain Project's first release of a digital reconstruction of the microcircuitry of juvenile Rat somatosensory cortex, access to experimental data sets used in the reconstruction, and the resulting models. The following functionality is provided through this portal to support community engagement to use and refine the reconstruction.
- Neocortical Microcircuit - an interactive browser of the anatomical and physiological properties of the reconstructed microcircuit, which includes facts and figures, detailed analyses, simulation videos, model and data downloads.
- Literature Consistency - a database of published experimental papers that were used either to constrain parameters of the reconstruction directly, or against which the reconstruction was assessed to be quantitatively or qualitatively consistent. This is intended to be an active list that can be discussed and extended by the community.
- Videos - a collection of computer generated visualizations of in silico experiments.
- Images - a collection of images illustrating the various steps in the reconstruction process.
- Experimental Data - experimental data sets used in the reconstruction process.
- Tools - tools and documentation for reconstructing, simulating and analyzing the reconstruction.
- Downloads - downloadable models from the reconstruction.
For the associated scientific papers, please refer to the following links:
1. Markram H†, Muller E†, Ramaswamy S†, Reimann MW†, Abdellah M, Sanchez CA, Ailamaki A, Alonso-Nanclares L, Antille N, Arsever S et al. (2015). Reconstruction and Simulation of Neocortical Microcircuitry. Cell 163:2, 456 - 492. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2015.09.029
† Co-first author
2. Ramaswamy S†, Courcol J-D†, Abdellah M, Adaszewski SR, Antille N, Arsever S, Atenekeng G, Bilgili A, Brukau Y, Chalimourda A, Chindemi G, Delalondre F, Dumusc R, Eilemann S, Gevaert ME, Gleeson P, Graham JW, Hernando JB, Kanari L, Katkov Y, Keller D, King JG, Ranjan R, Reimann MW, Rössert C, Shi Y, Shillcock JC, Telefont M, Van Geit W, Villafranca Diaz J, Walker R, Wang Y, Zaninetta SM, DeFelipe J, Hill SL, Muller J, Segev I, Schürmann F, Muller EB and Markram H (2015). The Neocortical Microcircuit Collaboration Portal: A Resource for Rat Somatosensory Cortex. Front. Neural Circuits 9:44. doi: 10.3389/fncir.2015.00044
† Denotes equal contribution
3. Reimann MW, King JG, Muller EB, Ramaswamy S and Markram H (2015). An Algorithm to Predict the Connectome of Neural Microcircuits. Front. Comput Neurosci. 9:28. doi: 10.3389/fncom.2015.00120
All material is copyright (c) EPFL/BBP 2005- unless otherwise specified. Further details are available on the copyright page.